Friday, March 13, 2009

Mobile Oil Change Business Course and Consulting

I have been receiving and sending emails over the last several years to various mobile oil change operators giving them advice and tips on how to make this business work. It really bugs me when I see all these people who have started this business and went under in usually several months. Most people started off wrong from the get go.

Here are THREE crucial mistakes that people have made "starting out" in owning a mobile oil change business.

1) Looks are Very Important! You must have a professional looking outfit.

Half of the people who tried to start a mobile oil change company wanted to go the extra cheap way and buy a beat up van or truck and throw some tool and oil pans in the back and start going. I have seen some ugly looking set ups that just scream "fly by night" "mickey mouse operation" or "ma & pops business". I HATE THAT. We want look as professional as possible people. We want to look like a company that's going to stay around for a while. Not one we just started out of our garage one day. This point cannot be emphasized enough. I have seen over 20-30 people make this mistake. If you do not have enough funds to buy or finance a professional looking van then you are not ready to start an on site lube business. I know that this type of business is advertised as a "low cost" start up business but to do it right its really not. You have to have $50,000 minimum to do it right. I started this business when I was 19 and the only reason why I was able to start so early in life is because my uncle who has a lot of money loves and trusts me and basically put up $60,000 for me to START this business. I say start because those were just the initial costs. But you can add as you go. Most of that $60,000 was financed about $50,000 of it and the other $10,000 was cash. Anyway you need at least a later model van like an E-350 or Express Van or Dodge Sprinter (best option in my opinion) to be successful and have nice graphics and a very clean look.

2) You Must Look Professional. Come Across as A Business Man.


You must have a clean cut appearance for optimal results. Tuck your shirt in at all times. Shave. Have nice standard uniforms with your logo and wear it at all times. Carry business cards. Talk clearly. Do not have oil all over your hands and clothes like many mechanics. Look the part. You do oil changes but that does not mean you have to look like a grease monkey. Look as if you make $100,000 per year even before you do. Wear coveralls when doing dirty work and take them off when going into a building. Always be aware of your appearance and how others including your customers perceive you.

3) Trying to Undercut the Competition.

By trying to undercut the competition you cheapen your service. If your customers are not willing to pay a fair price for a great service then screw them. You are not ripping anyone off. What is your time worth? You call a plumber and they come to your house for 30 minutes and you get a bill of $120. Its a service. Why would you charge $15 for an oil change and not make money. If the going rate is $30.00 then at least charge $30.00. If you are smart then you will charge $35.00. This is a premium service. Think of the hassle factor you are saving your customers. If they are smart they will be able to see the benefits in maybe paying a little bit more.

Mobile Oil Change Business Course

I am several weeks away from completing a mobile oil change business book/ course I have been working on. I am not going to sell it cheap. It has taken me months to complete. When you read this book you will know everything there is to know about the business. I will show you exactly what to do to make this business as much of a success as you possibly can. The price will be $599. It will include advice via e-mail or phone.

Email me at akoilextreme@yahoo.com if you want to be put on the waiting list for this course. I will only give out so many per area depending on the size.

No comments:

Post a Comment